Traveling with kids can be a lot of fun, but it is challenging! Here are some tips on how to make travel with children as easy as possible.
- Make sure that you consult with you health care provider to determine if a child should receive any additional vaccines, if travelling abroad
- If a child develops motion sickness, make sure they take their eyes off whatever they’re doing and shut them or look at the horizon to lessen the feeling
- To ease the jet lag, encourase short daytime naps
- Invest in a child locator, that way you will never loose your child
- Make sure you pack and bring any essential medicine they need
- Create a list of fun activities or family games that you can play in case of a delay or long journey
- Avoid sweets, and instead pack healthy snacks: cheese sticks, breadsticks, fruit and bagles, etc.
- Bring baby wipes, bugs spray and any other hygiene products the kids might need
- Take time and be patient!