When travelling you want to have everything you need for the trip. But a lot of people pack too much or don’t know how to pack properly. Inteligent packing saves you time, money and the frustration of carrying all that “stuff” around. Shaun Huberts – North Vancouver writer and bass player gave a lot of great tips in his book ‘How to Pack Like a Rock Star‘. Here is the summary of interesting cool tips featured in the National Post:
- Pack with a purpose, fold your clothes and arranged them so you can see it all soon as you open the luggage.
- Put the heavy stuff down in the luggage where the wheels are and light on top, so it doesn’t get wrinkled.
- Ensure your luggage has a wet pockets for wet stuff OR bring few large ziplock bags.
- Bring flip-flops in case you gotta shower in some dark, dirty places.
- Pack light, follow the essentials list.. mark down items you didn’t use but brought on your last trip.